This module aims to provide the participants with a sound understanding of dental implant case selection. This will also include a basic understanding of the skills or techniques necessary to surgically place a dental implant.
The participants will be able to take either digital or analog impressions of a dental implant and be able to restore an implant successfully using a screw or cement retained technique.
They will also be able to monitor a dental implant and be able to distinguish between a successful, failing or failed implant.
- To understand the terminology involved in dental implantology
- To create an awareness of the case selection for this treatment modality
- To be able to distinguish between a simple or complex implant case
- To appreciate the medical risks involved
- To understand the steps involved with dental implant treatment
- To understand the different implant based restorative options
- To understand the different techniques of implant impression taking
- To understand lab communication for a single implant crown
- To be able to fit a screw/cement retained implant crown
- To be able to review a dental implant
8:30 – 9:15 Registration and Welcome
9:15 – 11:00 Introduction and Restorative options
11:00 – 11:15 Coffee Break
11:15 – 12:00 Surgical Techniques
12:00 – 13:00 Case Selection
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch break
14:00 – 15:00 Restorative Techniques
15:00 – 16:00 Hands on Workshop
16:00 – 16:30 Implant Practice and Fee Setting
16:30 – 17:00 Implant Maintenance
Roshwin Pereira Carvalho
Dr. Roshwin Pereira Carvalho qualified from Goa, India in 2012. Soon after graduating he went on to work in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery where he started his journey and got his first exposure to Implant dentistry.. His passion for implant surgery really took off when he joined the London Implant Academy for a year long training course under the tutelage of Dr. Koray Feran, Dr. Zaki Kanaan and Dr. Fazeela Khan-Osborne in 2017. He then went on to train in advanced implant surgery with Dr. Fazeela Khan Osborne, under who’s wings he gained valuable experience while working at her practice on Harley Street.
Dr. Roshwin Pereira Carvalho has since gone on to teach on various course as well as mentor young implant dentists in simple to full arch implant cases. Now based in Milton Keynes as a practice principal at MK Smiles, Roshwin also consults as a visiting implant surgeon in 5 other practices in Beds, Bucks and London. His passion in the field of implant dentistry is the reason he loves to teach, train and try the latest techniques in the field.